What it is:
Let the library come to you! For Speedway Library patrons of any age who are unable to visit the library independently due to mobility impairment, disability, or temporarily from surgery recovery or illness, we are happy to offer our homebound delivery services.
In-home Library Service means we take the Speedway Public Library to you!
How it works:
The Outreach Librarian will speak to you about your preferences for library materials and set up regular visits to bring you items and pick up your returns.
The Outreach Librarian will then visit you with a volunteer** or library staff member to deliver materials and programming.
You can choose to:
- only get items you specifically request by title
- have the Outreach Librarian select materials for you based on your interests
- have a mix of both!
How to register:
- Fill out a paper registration form from the library
- Call the library at 317-243-8959 and ask for the Outreach Librarian
- Print and fill out the Homebound Delivery Registration Form*
Please remember this service is for residents of the town of Speedway who are eligible for a Speedway Library card and qualify due to a mobility impairment or disability.
*By registering for this service, you agree to the Homebound Delivery Policies.
**Interested in becoming a volunteer? We'd love to have you along! Call or stop by the library and ask for our Outreach Librarian for more information!